Once again, I was in Zambia, staying in the towns of Lundazi & Chipata. There would be days of driving over two hours before getting to the first well. My partner and I drove nearly 1,800 miles, and completed 96 wells. As a result, over 2,400 households now have clean water, serving over 24,000 people!
Where was God?
– Outside of Chipata, the villages were set in open plains with the mountains in the background. How beautiful.
– Villages’ gardens, so green, often next to the new wells
– Women singing with wonderful harmony at the wells
– Villages excitement (especially children) when the truck would arrive
– Willingness of the villagers to help carry the hand pump parts to the well
– Children shouting muzungu (white person)
– Children wanting to hold hands with muzugu walking to/from the wells
– The excitement of all the people trying to get a taste of the clean water from the new well
Words cannot describe the feeling one has when you see clean water coming from a new well after walking by open contaminated water holes.
Where was God? God was everywhere!
~Harry Bremer, MMM Volunteer